untitled on Flickr.
Rainbow Hasselback Potatoes…RECIPE
Hasselback potatoes (named after the restaurant at the Hasselbacken Hotel in Stockholm, Sweden) are a showstopping cross between thick-cut fries and loaded baked potatoes. They have the same appeal as pull-apart bread – ripping off pieces is irresistible! Each piping hot potato piece is crispy on the outside and soft on the inside.
- Red: Diced tomato
- Orange: Diced orange peppers
- Yellow: Cheddar cheese (We think of cheddar cheese as orange, but if you look at the image above, you’ll see that the cheddar is very yellow when compared to the orange peppers.)
- Green: Sliced green onions
- Blue: Blue cheese (Natural blue foods are hard to come by. Sure, blue cheese doesn’t look all that blue, but blue cheese with potato is a winning combination.)
- Purple: Red onion (This is another funny one. Red onions are really purple.)
Katerina Plotnikova is a fine art photographer from Russia who explains her work as “another tale about wonderland.” Her images are simple, yet stunning. Welcome to the magical land of Katerina. Her photography conjures up dreams of serenity and gentleness.